Monday, August 27, 2007

Fun in the Sun

This weekend we had some much needed family fun. Friday night we went to a birthday party for our neighbor's daughter, Teagan Springer. They had it at the place where Teagan takes horse riding lessons, so all the little girls got to ride the horses. We went as a family because I couldn't leave Wesley home for that long (he doesn't take a bottle). That afternoon it was really raining so the party was moved to inside. Even so it was so much fun for the girls, especially Reili. Amberly wouldn't ride the horses or anything connected to the horses. In fact, picture shows the closest we could get her to a horse. We all enjoyed the party and the hot dogs and cupcakes.
Saturday we went with a few friends from church to St. Joe's state park. The guys had fun dirt biking in the heat (too bad I didn't get any pictures of them, I had to watch the kids), while the ladies chatted and watched the kids play in the sand and swim. The kids really wore themselves out (and we were worn out too). It is as close to a "beach" as you can get here in this land locked state and the girls had so much fun swimming and playing. Wesley had fun sleeping and also managed to get a few handfuls of sand now that he is grabbing onto everything in sight. We certainly hope to do more traveling around the state while we are here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are so good at keeping up with this. Good for you. I think it's neat to see what you did each week. Maybe when we get all settled in AZ I will do this too.
-Bec