Thursday, October 25, 2007

A visit from Gamma and PopPop

Tom's Mom and Dad just finished their mission to Nauvoo and came down to visit us for the better part of a week. The kids loved having them here and Amberly was constantly asking,"Where's PopPop?". While they were here we visited the park and a Pumpkin patch at a nearby farm (the girls loved feeding the goats), ate lots of yummy (but not so nutritious) food, had a birthday celebration for Mommy (aka. Jane), and Mom and Gamma stayed up late playing a card game called 5 Crowns.

We also went to the Fort to get my foot X-rayed. I was so upset the other day when I stubbed my toe (well maybe jammed it would be a better word). I have been training for a half marathon and have had to lay low this week and not run because my toe was swollen to twice its size and black and blue. I could barely even get it in the running shoe. Lucky for me it's not broken and hopefully I will be back to the workout regimen in a few more days. I'm including a picture of it today...but know it looked even worse just 2 days ago.

1 comment:

Christy Norris said...

Jane Schell! I'm so glad you're running. But OUCH on the toe!! That stinks!!! Good luck on gettin' back into the running schedule. Also, that cake looked incredible AND I love 5 Crown and YOU!