I am convinced there aren't many people on this planet who like food as much as I do (although statistics in the U.S. for obesity being what they are, I am probably easily proven wrong). Tom would probably agree, seeing as the topic of conversation in my family a majority of the time is food related. What are we eating or having for dinner is frequently discussed in letters, e-mails, and phone conversations. Consequently, Thanksgiving was a great holiday for us this year. We made way too much food for the 4 adults and 2 children that surrounded our table. My parents came to visit for 10 days on their way home from a mission to Nauvoo, IL. We had a great time getting ready for Thanksgiving and it was wonderful to have my Mom here to help me stuff the turkey and make food. I baked two pies (pumpkin and apple) and we bought one that we usually like, Marie Calendars Razzleberry, but it turned out to be a flop this year. We also had all the other normal stuff that people eat on Thanksgiving: Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, sweet potato casserole, fruit salad, spinach salad, and home made rolls. Here are some pictures of our festivities. We actually remembered to take pictures with the food before it was eaten this year.




Having my parents here was great. They always help me get things done that otherwise either would take me so long to get done or would never get done. My mom finished some curtains for Wesley's room that I started a few months ago. Dad, as always, did tons of fix it jobs around the house. What would I do without them? We also spent time together playing games, playing with the kids, and getting the normal stuff done that moms do. They probably are so bored when they come to visit me, but they act like they enjoy being around. They left today and I miss them so much. Maybe someday I will get to live closer to them.


2 comments:
I love food too!! I wish I could visit you sometime too and we could play skip-bo like in the good ol' days. I am glad you had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Tell the fam I say hi!
I can't believe your parents are done already. How fun to have them come through for a visit. Love the pics and of course the Razzleberry couldn't measure up to your HOMEMADE pies:)
Post a Comment