Saturday, March 7, 2009

My Favorite Decoration

Just before Tom came home I was able to finish (with the help of my wonderful friends) a project I had been working on for a few months.  It didn't really take a few months to do, just a few hours but somehow I could never get a round to finishing it.  Now it is my favorite decoration in our home and I wish I had done it sooner.  The picture has been up for several months (and part of my blog for even longer), but I finally got the vinyl lettering done a couple weeks ago and didn't post it then because I didn't want Tom to see it until he got home.  I love the saying...my friend saw it somewhere but it read "Land"  instead of "Home".  It definitely fits with the picture perfectly.  I love it!

8 comments:

Chris said...

I love the picture and I LOVE vinyl--can there be a better combination?--Mikelle (I didn't realize I was posting as Chris on the last one!!)

Rebekah said...

That's so cool. I love that quote. I put it in the album I gave mom and dad for Christmas on the page I dedicated to Tom.

tessa said...

Welcome home Tom! I love that picture/saying/wall hanging. What a particularly special and apropos message for your home. Enjoy, enjoy lots of family time!

Kim said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!!!!

Carolina Chocolate said...

Welcome home!! How exciting. We're so happy that your family is finally together again. Tom, I'm sure you're soaking in every moment. Jane, I love the decoration. It's absolutely perfect.

The Grays: said...

I LOVE this! Welcome home, Tom! So glad that your family is together again!

gina said...

awesome quote...so glad that everyone is back together again...good work Tom, thanks for the sacrifice....good work Jane, thanks for the sacrifice!

Brooklyn said...

I like that one too!