Last week Tom and I finally took a week long get away to Florida for our tenth anniversary! We couldn't get away during our actual anniversary last May because Elizabeth was so young and still nursing. We hired a young single adult from our ward to take care of the kids and flew the coop. It's the first time we have done anything "fun" on our own like that since we started having children. We realized that we should probably do it more often than once every ten years. It was so relaxing to be together and just do whatever we wanted, whenever we wanted. We got a great deal for Disney World Tickets through the military and had fun doing a lot of the things we missed out on while we were there with our kids. Tom found out just how much I love the rides that make your stomach drop. He wore a patch for motion sickness this time and was able to go on many of the rides with me that he hadn't ever been on. My ultimate favorites there are Tower of Terror and Expedition to Everest. We also took a nap almost everyday and I lounged at the pool at our hotel one afternoon. Just the relaxing break I needed before a 2 month stint as a single parent with 4 children trying to sell a house! I will try to think back on those lazy days of vacation and suck all the life out of them that I can in my mind. Thank you Tom for 10 (almost 11) great years and a wonderful vacation! I love you!

The magic kingdom....always magic with Tom!
2 comments:
That is great! I would love to just go act like a kid with Seth and leave all worries behind for awhile. Happy Anniversary!
SO very happy for you two!!! We never took off till our 10 year too and then we got the bug and are hooked. Congrats you cute couple, you!
Post a Comment