Friday, October 26, 2007

Birthday Cake

Eat your heart out chocaholics! My birthday cake this year, made (from scratch) by my friend Rachel, was true chocolate lovers heaven. See for yourself. The middle was a light, fluffy chocolate mousse, surrounded by a moist layer of luscious cake, and all encased in a creamy, dark chocolate ganosche (o.k., so I can't spell). You know something is heavenly when you can eat 3 pieces of it and forget your plans for losing any baby weight for the week (especially since I haven't been able to run since last week), and still think it was worth it. I had to wait until the cake was gone so I wouldn't have to worry about anyone beating down my door to get a piece. YUM! Thanks, Rachel. Here is another view of it for you all. Don't drool too much.

3 comments:

tessa said...

Now that is a birthday cake. Might even compete with your hot fudge. Happy B-Day!

Katie said...

I want the recipe!!! I need to find some ways NOT to lose my pregnancy weight too! Happy birthday! Katie

The Neil R. Van Leeuwen Family said...

Way too much chocolate. That is so decadent.