Friday, January 25, 2008

The last jar of pickles

Woe, Woe is me. How could it be that I am down to my last jar of homemade bread and butter pickles? I am truly saddened to report it. I felt so lucky this summer that a friend of mine grew cucumbers and had so many that she wanted to share. We got together and made my favorite bread and butter pickles. The ones that my Grandmother used to make. These pickles are not only exceedingly delicious (better than any nasty ones they sell at the store), but they hold a lot of sentimental value for me. Every time I eat them I am transported back in time to the weekly visits to my Grandma's (mom's mom) for lunch. We lived only 5 minutes away from her and she always had these on hand to put on a toasted cheese sandwich or hotdog (I only ate those at her house with these pickles). Many great childhood memories are tied to these pickles. I guess there is only one remedy now that I have the recipe....make some more.

Yesterday we had a visit from our Parents as Teachers educator. She brought a mirror for Wesley to look in. He was so cute with it I just had to snap a picture of him looking into it. He sat there like this for 3-4 minutes. It looked like he wanted to get in the mirror and get himself. Once the camera came out, Amberly just had to be in every picture. Reili was just as excited for Miss Andrea to visit. She has had to stay home from school since yesterday because of a fever and a sore throat. The only reason she isn't in the pictures is that she was asleep on the couch at the time.


1 comment:

Christy Norris said...

This has nothing to do with your last jar of pickles, but I thought this would be an exciting form of communication. You were in my dream last night! It was good to see you again :) haha. kinda said though. You were trying to convince me to quit training for a marathon. Strange. Very Strange. I wish we could run together again. Good times, those were.