
Just three days ago, Wesley pulled himself up to a standing position for the very first time. The bathroom tub seems to be the perfect height for him to stand up next to. He is now trying to get up all the time, but his success at the tub was so cute I had to take a few pictures.

It is always fun to see babies do things for the first time. You can tell they are so happy with themselves and feel such a sense of accomplishment. I honestly feel proud, even though this is my third and I've seen it happen many times before. This week he has also figured out how to go from a sitting to a crawling position and vice versa. I have been waiting for that for a while, and now it seems like it has all happened all at once. He will be 9 months old in a couple days. It makes me a little sad that he is growing up so quickly. But he just gets cuter all the time.

Last week we were stuck in the house the entire week. Reili was sick and then I got sick and Wesley got sick. We all had fevers and coughs and runny noses. Amberly was well for the most part though....she only got a runny nose at the end of the week. It was an awful week and by the end I was going stir crazy. I finally figured out that Amberly's hair is long enough to do pigtails though. Isn't she the cutest! It has probably been long enough for a while, but I just hadn't thought to do it.
The girls wanted a chance to take some pictures themselves. I finally consented since we were so bored. You can see Dora in the background. The one highlight of the girls' week was probably that Mommy let them watch a lot more TV and movies than usual. Sadly I was down for the count for two days...I stayed in bed or on the couch for most of them. Boy...I am so glad to be healthy again. Health is a great blessing for sure.

2 comments:
I am glad everyone is feeling better. We can't wait to see you guys. Emily and Wesley will have a fun time getting into everything together.
When we're sick (or pregnant:) the TV rules go out the door. It's survival mode. Glad you're well again.
Post a Comment