Friday, February 22, 2008

Sad News

Tom is getting deployed to Iraq this spring. He will be there for 15 months. He leaves in April to go to Louisiana for a month of training first. I have been putting off blogging about it because I wanted to make sure it was really going to happen. Plus, putting it in writing and telling everyone makes it more real. It is going to be a long year, but we have great friends and family to support us so we will make it.

6 comments:

Kim said...

I'm so sorry to hear your sad news! It's not a fun experience at all! Matt has been in California since November but leaves the first of March for Iraq. Luckily he will only be there for 6 months--it could be so much worse! I'm glad you have good friends and family to support you, it makes a world of difference! The pictures are a great idea, they would be darling with your 3 kids. Good luck with everything. I make a good sounding board if you ever need one!

tessa said...

Oh Jane,
It's a good thing you are such a tough lady! You'll handle it all with grace I'm sure. Not fun to worry for the next while but what a gift to make you cherish each moment now, right? Take care. I miss you and wish I were there to play with you but if you want to get out and take a trip anytime while Tom is gone may I recommend Phoenix:)

Suzanne said...

My heart went out to you when Tom called to tell us. Hopefully the time will fly by and it will be over before you know it. We are so proud of Tom for serving our country!

The Neil R. Van Leeuwen Family said...

We look forward to this time being over in a quick hurry. We are concerned about you and the kids and also about Tom. We think about your often. Mom and Dad

Mikelle said...

Oh my gosh, and I complain about a few nights away!!! We will keep you guys in our prayers, and feel free to hop on down to B'ham, you have a place to stay!! Or do what I am doing and go to Utah all summer!! Good luck and I am sure you guys will do great!!

Suzanne said...

I tagged you on my blog. I am sure you are busy... but it will make you think of all the things you love about Tom. See you soon!