Monday, May 19, 2008

Farewell 115th CSH

Last week I was able to go spend the week with Tom in Louisiana before he left for the middle east. The army gave them a few days off to spend with family, but they weren't allowed to go too far. So I drove the 11 hour drive (without the kids (thanks to my friends Rachel and Kari)...I wanted to spare them the the long drive and the emotional roller coaster), which surprisingly wasn't as hard as I thought it would be for me (a good book on CD will do wonders).

We had a relaxing week. It was so awesome to be together just him and me for awhile. On Tuesday morning the Army held a formal deployment ceremony for all the families to attend. The best thing about it was that it only lasted 30 minutes. It made me feel very patriotic to see them all together in their ACUs as the national anthem was sung. Being with him all week made it that much harder to say goodbye again. I couldn't help but shed some tears Friday night.

Saturday night when I got home, I showed these pictures to the girls and they started to cry and say how they missed their Dad. Reili said, "He is going to be far away for so long!" Which pretty much sums up the feelings for all of us right now. We miss you Tom!
Tom and I before the ceremony.

One handsome Man!

Formation (where's Tom?).

There he is.

A closeup after the ceremony.

4 comments:

Mikelle said...

Jane, I think about you all the time!! Chris is gone a lot, but I know it doesn't compare to what you are doing!! Good luck with everything, I know you will be amazing--and you look so great in the pictures!!

Cameron and Cindy said...

Hi Jane! You look great, and I am so impressed with how you are handling everything. Your kids are so lucky to have such a great mom! We sure would love to see you & your family - - do I have your current address?

ampmehrer said...

i love that you put this site up. my husband is also deployed with 115th. i know how hard it is. i am 18 years old and 2300 miles away from any family. it makes it very difficult. looking at this site and counting down the weeks helps though. i know this was to help your husband but it helps me to. thank you.

ampmehrer said...

i love that you put this up. my husband is also deployed with 115th and i know how hard it is. i am 18 years old and 2300 miles away from any family. i look at this site all the time and count down the weeks. i know that it was ment to help your husband but it really helps me too. thank you. if you want to contact me my email is nickandmanders@yahoo.com