Monday, May 5, 2008

An Indy Weekend

Rachel, Kari, and Jane after the half marathon.

Just got back from a whirlwind trip to Indianapolis where I ran the Indy 500 mini-marathon with some friends. I took Wesley and two young women from our ward along to babysit him. We left Friday morning and came back right after the race on Saturday. The weather was perfect for the race....overcast for the first 8 miles and then the sun came out for the finish. The course was mostly flat and part of it was running the Indy 500 raceway...which was an experience. I was able to better my time by almost 10 minutes since the last half marathon and I ran it in under 2 hours, so I achieved my goal. It was an emotional moment. Thanks to Rachel and Kari for all the training runs. You guys are awesome! See below for my stats and pictures:

Half Marathon Stats
  • 13.1 miles in 1 hour 58 minutes and 58 seconds
  • Average mile: 9:05
  • Fastest mile: mile 8, 8:43
  • 7,530th out of 30,067 people running
  • 1,977th out of 15,748 females running
  • 372nd out of 2,449 females in my age group running


Kari and Scott Young at the race expo Friday night.


Lisa and Chris Wehrli with baby Bridger at the race expo.


Rachel and John Westhoff at a late night dinner Friday night at Red Lobster.

7 comments:

Mikelle said...

Way to go, I am always impressed with anyone who can run more than 100 yards!!

Rachel Rackham Westhoff said...

Jane, you and Kari are my heros!!! Next time...if there is a next time...I'm with you all the way. (I'm secretly hoping that next time will be with a newbie and we will have an excuse to all run slow together in a show of support....)

tessa said...

Awesome. Great time too. I'm so ready to do your next one with you. Where's it going to be? I'm back in training mode and it's fun to run again.

tessa said...

Awesome. Great time too. I'm so ready to do your next one with you. Where's it going to be? I'm back in training mode and it's fun to run again.

Christy Norris said...

Jane! Shoot! Look at you! Congratulations. When do I get to see you next? I am thinkin' a plan needs to be made! Skip-bo anyone?? :)

Cameron and Cindy said...

Hi Jane! I can't believe how fast your family has grown! Everyone looks great, and Congrats on the race!

Christy Norris said...

Will I be in Utah? Yes ma'am! I am drivin' out there June 14th. So . . . a couple of days after that I should be there. What are your plans? And Tessa, you know you're invited! :)