The baptism itself went wonderfully though. Tom's Mom and Dad were able to come for a visit during that time and that was really special. Tom's Dad gave the opening prayer and his Mom gave a wonderful talk on following the Savior's example and being baptized. After the baptism, my friend (and visiting teaching companion) Michelle Boehme, gave a talk on the Holy Ghost. She talked about his different responsibilities using the "hats" he wears for his jobs. For each responsibility (i.e. comforter, member of the godhead, etc.), she had a different hat with a picture on it representing that responsibility. What a great way that was to help Reili (and all of us) remember what the Holy Ghost does. I was thinking there weren't going to be many people there, but it was amazing how many of our friends came and the whole Relief Society room was full. We felt so loved and supported. I will never forget it and I am so proud of Reili for choosing to be baptized. I can't believe my little girl is growing up so fast.
{Annual back to school dinner}
6 years ago
1 comment:
Wow, can you believe they're old enough? Bri's coming up soon.
Post a Comment