Sunday, January 16, 2011

And She turns 1!

Last Friday Ellie celebrated her first birthday. I always feel a little sad when our babies hit the year mark. It is so fun to have a baby in the house, and now she's just gotten so big. They just grow up so fast. For some reason or other I wasn't able to get any good pictures of anyone but her. Here are some of the highlights of Elizabeth's day in pictures:


Decided to make her own little cake instead of buying it like I did for Wes and Amberly. It took a little bit more time than I had planned...mainly because I'm not very talented when it comes to decorating and I only have one tip to work with.


Ellie spent a bunch of time at my feet trying to get my attention. Here she at least looks happy....


...but really she just wants me to pick her up and lets me know it. With Tom still recovering from his surgery there is only me to turn to....and she wants to be held now!


She's much happier in the high chair with some snacks.


She didn't hesitate to dig right in, even before the candle was blown out by the other kids.


Mmmm....this is pretty sweet! (She really only took two bites and then started trying to throw it on the floor. When I stopped her she then tried handing off to me or Reili. I don't think she liked the sticky feeling on her hands.)


Ooooh....a present.


Who cares what it is....I'll just climb on the box...that's more fun anyway!

3 comments:

Rebekah said...

She is BEAUTIFUL! What the heck? What surgery is Tom recovering from?

Lori said...

Wow, that went fast! She is so pretty. She is such a good mix of you and Tom.

Kim said...

No way! One already?! Time is flying by! She is such a little doll! Happy Birthday to your little cutie pie!