Monday, April 25, 2011

Cats Party at the Park

We celebrated Amberly's Birthday with her friends on April 8th. She requested a cat birthday cake (who even knew she liked cats that much?...not me). So I took that and made it the theme for her party. There were plenty of ideas on line and that helped a lot. I was worried about it raining since we were having the party at the park, but it turned out to be the opposite problem. It was 90 degrees that day and the party was at 1:30 in the afternoon. It felt sweltering because we weren't used to that heat yet. Luckily it was very windy (and unluckily because we couldn't get the decorations to stay up) and that helped it not be completely unbearable. I believe all the kids had fun....I was lucky enough to have some friends and neighbors there to help when I needed it. I can't lie...I'm glad it's over. Maybe that is why it has taken so long to post about it.


The cake I stayed up til 1 a.m. decorating (but we also had 2 showings that next morning that I was cleaning for too). Thank goodness my friend Hannah came to help me.


Amberly was happy with her cake, which made it all worth it.


All the cats playing "Cat, Cat, Mouse".


One of the cutest cats ever!


Time for cake!


One of the biggest requests was for a pinata. There weren't any in the shape of a cat, so we had to settle for a Lion. Amberly gets all ready to slam it here.


The loot!

1 comment:

Tony said...

Looks like such a fun CAT party. Love all the "whiskered" faces.
You're a super mom with a very cute/happy family! Good luck with the move and selling the house.