Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Random Pictures at Easter

Last year we bought 1/2 a pig from a friend of mine at the gym whose kids raised them for 4H. When I ordered it from the butcher they asked how I wanted my ham and I just remember requesting it to be spiral sliced. I had no idea I was getting a 22 pound ham or I would have requested that they at least cut it in half. For Easter we finally had some friends over for dinner so we could share it. We barely made a dent in it. Luckily, I sent some of the meat home with them. We'll still have to find several uses for the ham. Any good recipes for someone who isn't a soup lover, anyone?

Ellie in her Easter finery.


The day after Easter...I just thought they were so cute together. I love Ellie's chubby legs.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Left over ham ideas-
Ham salad sandwiches or grilled ham and cheese sandwiches. Also, I haven't made these personally, but I hear that they are delicious:

http://thepioneerwoman.com/tasty-kitchen-blog/2010/04/a-tasty-recipe-individual-scalloped-potatoes-with-ham/

Paste the link into your browser for the recipe. Your kids might like them. The kids all look super cute! Hope to see you soon.

Mikelle said...

That has to be the biggest ham I have ever seen!!