Saturday, July 26, 2008

Crazy Cousins Sleepover

Last weekend my sister Lenore and I decided to host a cousin's sleepover at my parents condo in Bountiful. We decided to stay there Thursday night as well and have some fun together Friday before the other cousins got there. The weekend turned out to be fun for the girls, but more stressful for us than we thought (normal right?). Our first fiasco was that the air conditioner wasn't working. It wasn't too bad at night (after around midnight especially) so since we had all our stuff there we decided to stay.

Friday we decided to take our kids swimming at the Bountiful Rec Center which has a really nice pool for kids. We had a great time and it wasn't until we were leaving that I realized I couldn't find my keys (for those of you who know me this comes as no surprise....but it doesn't help that I have been traveling all over the place this summer either). It turned out that they were no where to be found, so I had to call on Sister in Law to get another's number (because of course my cell phone was in the car with all the numbers I needed). Then we waited about 1/2 an hour until she could pick us up. We got back to the condo in time for Emma and Rachel to be dropped off. Lenore stayed with the kids while I went with my sister in law to her house to call a locksmith. The locksmith had a heck of a time opening my van...he couldn't get the magic stick to work through the window and ended up having to call to get some key code to make a key and open it (good news...now I have an extra key that even turns on the motor). Luckily my keys ended up being in the back of the van (where I couldn't see them without moving some grocery bags.

I got back in time to help get our picnic stuff together and head to a nearby park for a picnic dinner and playtime. We thought if we stayed at the park long enough the kids would all be worn out enough to get some sleep that night. Just as we finished dinner and the girls had started playing, Aby (Lenore's oldest) fell off one of the playground toys and broke her arm (you could tell it was broken just above the wrist because the bones were no longer aligned). So what started out to be a fun night together ended up being me at the condo with 5 of the girl cousins and Wesley for the night and Lenore at the emergency room most of the night getting Aby's arm set (she had to wait four hours before they could set it because she had just eaten so they couldn't put her out). Well that is the long story. So the girls got to have a lot more movies and play time at the condo than anticipated...but they all had fun and were together so that is all that matters.

The girls cuddle up for a movie before bed. From right to left: Amberly, Reili, Emma, Olivia, and Rachel.



After getting matching hairdos, a morning pose: Olivia, Emma, Rachel, Amberly, Reili, Aby (with splint), and Lainey.

No comments: