Saturday, July 5, 2008

Family Night at Joe's


A lot of these entries are mainly for Tom. I probably wouldn't post about practically every activity if he were around, but I really want him to see what the kids are doing and how they are growing...especially Wesley since he is changing so quickly.

Monday we went to my brother Joe's for family night. We had a delicious dinner of Navajo tacos (I will be lucky if I don't gain 10 pounds this summer...even with all the running I do). Joe gave a lesson where we had to go around the house and find an object to trace and then afterwards everyone had to guess what the object was from our tracing. After that we had to try to draw a picture as closely as we could in size and scale to what we had traced without tracing it. He tied that in to the pattern God has for families using Elder Holland's talk from the Worldwide Training Session this last February and how it is best to use the original pattern rather than a copy of a copy etc. It was a great lesson. During the lesson my nephew Clayton drew characatures of my kids and gave them to me as part of the "talent" presentation that they have every week at family night at their house. They are totally awesome and I plan to hang them somewhere in my house.

Afterwards all the kids went out and jumped on the trampoline. Here is a video of Wesley with everyone on the tramp:


No comments: