Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Memory Keepers

My friend was doing this game on her blog and it was just so fun I thought I would try it on mine.   Here are the directions:

1. As a comment on my blog, leave one memory that you and I had together.  It doesn't matter if you know me a little or a lot, anything you remember!

2.  Next, re-post these instructions on your blog and see how many people leave a memory about you.  It's actually pretty funny to see the responses.  If you leave a memory about me, I'll assume you're playing the game and I'll come to your blog and leave one about you.  If you don't want to play on your blog, or if you don't have a blog, I'll leave my memory of you in my comments.

8 comments:

Rachel Rackham Westhoff said...

A favorite memory of Jane is of her yelling at an oncoming car to "MOVE OVER" during one of our Saturday morning runs. Kari, Jane and I were about 3 miles into an 8 mile training run. We run early in the morning on Saturdays...less heat, less traffic on the roads and we like to get it over with and get on with our days. It was about 6:30 am and for some reason every car on the road seemed to be in our lane with the other lanes completely deserted. Car after car kept driving right by us, practically taking us out with their side mirrors. They made no effort to change lanes, or even swoop wide to give us the courtesy of a bit more space despite the utter lack of traffic anywhere else on the road. We had been grumbling about it for a mile or so when Jane just flipped out-yelling at the oncoming car and gesturing with her arms to "get over". Kari or I might do such a thing and not think twice but coming from sweet, mild mannered Janie it was simply hilarious. I never knew she had it in her and try to remember to not let her get TOO annoyed at me lest it slip out again!!

Christy Norris said...

One of mine would be rollerblading on Lakeshore trail with Cortney and Jane at 6 in the morning. Jane came over at 5:30 to borrow some roller blades, and Jane, I think that may have been the morning when you called to wake me up and instead of waking up to my alarm I dreamed you were dancing to the song and meowing. THAT was funny!! On top of that I'd say running, skip-bo, swimming and dinners.

Jessica said...

Our first meeting in Honors Humanities where you were the only one who answered when I said, "Is anyone else behind on the reading?"

Sleepovers in Manti--loved looking out at the temple.

Late night talks about (dumb) boys with My Friend Jane.

Definitely helping you pack for the mission (specifically, sucking the air out of the Ziploc bags full of...various things).

Here's to many more memories; I love ya!

Casperson Family said...

My favorite memory if my sis is coming home late night from whatever when we were teens and making up talk shows in front of the full length mirror in her room. Jane should have been the next Oprah. I miss you Jane!

The Grays: said...

A favorite memory of Jane is how beautiful I thought you were when we moved into the Bham1st ward. You then had a baby and popped backed into shape sooo quickly. You were my inspiration for keeping up my daily gym routine throughout pregnancy!

Josh and Hannah said...

The next Oprah maybe, but my vote is the next Dr. Phil. Visiting Teaching at your house was always great for the long term decision making, case in point; Ryan. I also will always treasure the late night trash talking during our card games. Boy can you trash talk!!! Ha Ha

Kim said...

"Jane Van" Hmmm....what do I remember? I remember being so happy to find that you were in my English 102 class from good ol' Steve Peterson. I remember how in awe I was of your intelligence, because you were just so dang smart! I also remember walking down the hall with you one day and passing Les Hamilton (what a babe!) and I was teasing him about not being at Institute and when he passed you were like, "You KNOW him?" I hardly did at all at that time, but I knew you must think he was as hot as I did! :)

tessa said...

Jane - triple and double strollers loaded to the hilt with kids while we chatted about recipes, discipline, husbands, life etc. etc. Sleeting rain or 100 degree shine we were there. You were my inspiration then and now. You're so strong!