Well, Jane sent me some goodies and a little christmas tree/decorations to make my Pod a little more homey during the Holiday Season. The Pod I call home is basically a 20' by 6' rectangular box split down the middle to hold two--I had to do some moving around to find a good place to put the decorations. Here are a few other pictures to give you an idea...
Ahhh... This is the life!

Another angle
As you can see, we do have power in the pods. The wood "furniture" did not come with the Pod though. I made it when I first got here. It's simple, but it's practical and does the job. I've tried to make this my oasis in the desert, my sanctuary, and my refuge from Iraq. I'm very grateful I have it so much easier than many of the Soldiers in Iraq!
4 comments:
Lookie, lookie who I found! It's the Hunters here! We're in Indiana, I am just getting the hang of this blog stuff. Your family is so cute and growing! You can keep in touch through our blog mybugfamily.blogspot.com! Or our email is jmaxhunter@hotmail.com. Merry Christmas!
Tom--you should post more often!! Love the pics of your pod. You are going to have soldiers lining up to claim your furniture when it's time for you to come home. That's some pretty sweet carpentry!! Your wife is the bomb-diggity you know. She's my hero.
Thanks, Rachel! Our Pod is the envy of Bucca:)--you should see my roommates half; he even did some finishing and edge work... On another note, I think John would agree that what you and Jane both do is much tougher than it is out here! Jane, you are indeed the bomb-diggity! You're such a rock.
Thanks for the little taste of Iraq. Fascinating to see a bit of your world over there. So fun that you'll get to have a January C-mas with the fam. You (and your fam of course) are our heroes!
Post a Comment